Friday, January 15, 2010

Well, I tried valiantly to post a video conversation but after 4 hours of a perpetual "uploading" message I caved and decided to close the window. I want to talk about the Google vs China topic we read about. I noticed that while we were reading and talking about it we all immediately assumed that it was the Chinese government. However, I think I read in a "Popular Science" that while the Chinese government certainly undertakes those crafty cyber attacks it is more often a small group of elite civilian hackers who consider themselves ultra nationalists. I feel like this situation marks an interesting change in the business world. Google is deciding that it will either release an uncensored version of Google or pull out from China completely. This will most likely be a very short termed change, but it is a notable change. A big business has flown in the face of a profit at any cost to enforce a moral code. Hopefully other corporations catch the wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment