Thursday, January 21, 2010

microsoft makes up for its screw up

I just read about how Microsoft decided to fix the Internet Explorer flaw that allowed the Chinese hackers to make an attempt at stealing user information. They say that they have patched the update that will fix the flaw which should stop hackers from being able to exploit it in order to plant viruses and malicious programs in websites or emails. This brings me to the point that Microsoft seems to screw up often with the first few iterations of their software. It was even suggested to me that I should wait until Microsoft releases its first service pack for Windows 7 before I try to switch over from Vista. I understand that the first of anything is usually much less crisp than the things that follow but with a processing monster like Microsoft I would expect security and accessibility to be two things that are as close to perfect as possible upon the release of new software. According to the article any one who has the automatic updates authorized on their computer will have already received the update and therefore will not have to worry about the patch, which is nice to know since I would hate to do work to make up for Microsoft's screw ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment