Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update to The Korea Post

So I was scanning my Reader account and noticed that another subscription was covering the Korean gaming problem so I dropped in to use the bathroom and not flush when I came across some startling facts that were inexplicably left out of my last response.



This time what I read about was entirely shocking. It appears that a Korean couple neglected their REAL LIFE, FLESH AND BLOOD, PREMATURELY BORN OUT OF AN ACTUAL VAGINA AND UTERUS to raise a virtual child.


HO-LEE-CRAP


I think I now understand the dangers of video game addiction. My previous conclusion about video games was that people played them in order to be something that they weren't or could never be. For example, I enjoy Modern Warfare 2. I play the game for several reasons. It is something I can be good at, I can interact with my relatives who I don't see all that often, and it lets me hunt down and shoot other people while being only marginally afraid of the bullets and grenades that my enemies are hopelessly slinging my way.


They are all dead men


Now some of you are going to cry, "That kind of video game is going to make you a bad person and you will become a murderer in real life." My response to that is shut up, stop blaming video games for your child's mindless violence because you never disciplined him, or her(I'm not sexist), when they were young, or else I'm coming to kill you...do we have an understanding?

ME, when I come for you


Anyway... When I read this I really could not believe what I was looking at. A couple neglected their REAL baby in order to raise a VIRTUAL one. I feel like either one or the other should suffice. If you have a an actual baby why on earth do you need to have another one that you can only visit at an internet cafe?... On a computer? The official report says that the parents were down on their luck because they had no jobs and their child was born premature. PREMATURE, that doesn't mean dead, though in Korean in might. So instead of the taking care of what should have been their pride and joy and the hope that kept them going, they decided to ignore even that and raise a child that in the end will not put mom and dad in a good nursery home, but will probably be hacked and stolen by some other really *poopy* parents.

The parents are set to be tried for negligent homicide on April 16th. I can only hope that they are found completely guilty, they lose custody of their online child, and that thing also dies because the company deletes the account. AND I HOPE, this doesn't lead to any other kind of world wide restrictions, because I'll be super *peed* if those people ruin an enjoyable experience for the rest of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment