Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Google vs. China...Round Two...Fight

Alright this is probably old news by now but I read about it a few days ago and I have been too lethargic to get around to blogging it. Once again, it is my blog and I can do what I wanna!

Wanna fight about it?

So anyway, I read an update article about Google in China. Basically, Google has decided to remain in China although it moved its headquarters to Hong Kong. I'm not sure why, or where they were before but maybe the food is better in Hong Kong. Google has remained and is still being censored but instead of the self-censoring with Google thankfully stopped doing sensitive subjects are being blocked after repeated attempts to access them. However, Gene Munster, a financial analyst reported that restarting the computer seemed to fix the problems and remove any blockage that was occurring. Yeah I said blockage, big whoop

Wanna fight about it?

Also,

What I think Gene Munster MUST look like

Google has also added a neat little function to its dashboard which keeps track of all the searches that are blocked, which must only be viewable in Chinese webspace, because I couldn't find it. And I looked hard, and by hard I mean once so you can't argue with those facts. Another interesting thing to note is that some Chinese companies are severing ties with Google because apparently those red chinese "fatherless sons" love communism and all the money its making them, which most likely accounts to less than I have. Since I'm a college student that only means that China can be making

NOTHING!

Except in child labor. They probably make a fortune in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment